Social Work with Different Categories of Convicts
Implementation of the penal function implies effective mechanisms aimed at counteracting the maximum impact of human presence in correctional institutions and create conditions for their social rehabilitation. Achieving this goal causes include efforts by other state bodies and public institutions.
Features of social work with different categories of prisoners as a separate activity that involves protecting the interests and rights of all convicted legally permitted methods; types of social work in the prison system, namely theoretical and practical bases of social work, professionalism of staff, cooperation with state prison system and social services, development institutions post re-socialization persons released from prisons are investigated in this article. Furthermore, the article is identified the specific activities and functions of the social worker in the prison system, which provide for the protection of the interests and rights of the convicted.
The article outlines the definition of resocialization as technology of social work with people who are in prison, described the importance resocialization potential of the region during the post-penitentiary resocialization.
Key words: social technologies, the penal system, convicts, resocialization.
2. Vasylchenko, O. (2013), “Social work in the prison system: current state and development prospects”, Grani, No. 12, Pp. 31–37.
3. Karaman, O. (2013), “Experience of social and educational work with juvenile convicts in special educational institutions”, Social pedagogy: theory and practice, No. 2, Pp. 53–60.
4. Karaman, O. (2012), Social pedagogical work with juvenile convicts in penitentiaries Ukraine, Luhansk : T. Shevchenko LNU, 447 p.
5. Luchko, S. (2014), “Social work with convicts as a direction of functioning of prison system abroad”, Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University, No. 4, Pp. 166–169.
6. Basics of penitentiary psychology (2007), Kharkiv : V. N. Karazin KhNU, 140 p.
7. Saveljeva, A. (2014), “About social adaptation of convicted women”, Social Pedagogy: challenges of the XXI century : materials of Ukrainian Student Scientific and Practical Conference, Lugansk, Pp. 62–67.