Specifics of the Motivational Component of the Consumer Behaviour of the Insured
The consumer behaviour of the insured has its specific features. For example, the intangible nature of insurance services, quite high level of distrust to insurance companies, the population’s ignorance in general about the positive effects of buying an insurance policy. All this leads to the formation of the specific relationship between the insurance market participants. The following components that determine the behaviour of policyholders are identified. The first determinant that determines behaviour of the consumer of insurance services is sensitivity to risks, i.e. the ability of a particular subject to assess and percept the influence of external or internal environment that may lead to negative consequences. The second determinant is the consumers’ income level. It is assumed that if the wealthy segments of the population are the main consumers of insurance services, it is clear that low income will be on the contrary a negative motivation to use insurance services. The third determinant is considered to be confidence in insurance companies. Our country is characterized by a high level of distrust to any social and economic institutions. The fourth determinant is the insurance culture level that characterizes the knowledge level of essence of the concept «insurance» and awareness of the need of this type of activity for each individual. Another complex determinant which is in a way related to the previous ones is price of the insurance products. In terms of the low income level and insurance culture this determinant is closely related to the other three. Thus, the complexity of satisfying the customer of insurance services is amplified by the spread of negative factors in the society. All this turns the motives to purchase insurance pole into the opposite desire – not to have any relations with insurance companies at all.
2. Baluk, N. R. (2008), Models of Forming the Behaviour of the Consumers of Insurance Services : Thesis ... Candidate of Economic Sciences, Institute of the Regional Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 20 p.
3. Baluk, N. R. (2009), Modeling of Indicators of the Consumers’ Insurance Culture, Regional Economy, No. 4, Pp. 152–158.
4. Baranovskyi, О. (2003), Big problems of a Small Market, http : //www.razumkov.org.ua/ ukr/article.php?news_id=306
5. Blackwell, R., Miniard, P., Engel, D. (2007), The Consumers’ Behavoiuor, SPb : Piter, 944 p.
6. Hamankova, О. (2008), The Insurance Service as a Product of the Insurnace Companies’ Activities in Terms of the Market, http://bulletin-econom.univ.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/42.pdf
7. Gomellya, B. (2003), The Specifics of the Insurance Demand and Supply in the Russina Federation at the Modern Stage, http://www.insur-info.ru/press/75300/
8. Dannikov, О. V. (2004), The Development of the Market of Insurance Services: Thesis ... Candidate of Economic Sciences, Kyiv National Economic University, 19 p.
9. Zhuravka, О. S., Lopatchenko, S. H. (2015), The Insurance Culture as One of the Factors of Influence to the Insurance Development, http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4102
10.Zadorozhnyi, Z. V. (2012), The Essence and Genesis of the Insurance as an Economic Category, Economic Sciences. Accounting and Finance, Vol. 9, No. 1, Pp. 410–417.
11. The Law of Ukraine “On the Insurance” (2016), http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/85/96-%D0%B2%D1%80
12. Zubets, А. N. (2014), Socio-Demographic Differences among the Consumers of the Insurance Services, http://www.freelancejob.ru/upload/226/65634553041309.pdf
13.Kochkina, N., Rumiantseva, A. (2010), Motivation of the Consumers of the Insurance Services as a Factor of the Efficiency of their Promotion, Marketing in Ukraine, No. 6, Pp. 58–62.
14. Kryvoshlyk, Т. М., Mazheha, М. S. (2010), The low level of Confidence of the Population in the Insurers as a Deterrent Factor of the Insurance Services Development, http://ir.kneu.edu.ua:8080/bitstream/2010/6681/ 1/%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B2_%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%B7%D1%8C%D0%BA.pdf
15.Loi, Yu. V. (2011), The Insurance Market and Prospects of its Development, http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/ old_jrn/Soc_Gum/ Evu/2011_17_2/Loi.pdf
16.Osadets, S. S. (2002), The Insurance: Manual, http://ukrkniga.org.ua/ukrkniga-text/books/_book-60.htm
17.Baikov, S. V., Zhyrnikhin, А. S., Zhubets, А. N., Smirnova, К. А. (2007), Consumer’s Behaviour in the Financial Markets of Russia, Moscow : Economics, 271 p.
18. Salnikova, S. А. (2013), Training of Drivers in the Context of Everyday Practices: Realities of Ukraine in the Empirical Dimension, Topical Issues of Sociology, Psychology and Pedagogy, No. 3, Vol. 20, Pp. 83–93.
19. The Insurance Marketing. Sensitivity to Risks and Preferences When Selecting Insurance Security (1999), http://labook.com.ua/book_strahovoj-marketing_808/20_4.2.-chuvstvitelnost-k-riskam-i-predpochteniya-pri-vybore-strahovoj-zashhity
20. Sunhurovskyi, М. (2000), Problems of the Development of the Insurance Market in Ukraine, http://www.razumkov.org.ua/additional/article_sungurovsky_NSD4_ukr.pdf
21. Shirinian, L. Shirinian, А. (2012), Empirical Estimate of the Market Demand for Insurance Services for Low Income Population, Economy of Ukraine, No. 4, Pp. 25–31.