OPEN ACCESS POLICY
Journal «Sociological studios» provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Full-text access to scientific articles of the journal «Sociological studios» is presented on the official website in the Archive section.
LICENSE TERMS and AUTHOR’S RIGHTS
Authors submitting articles for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the publisher against any breach of such warranty. Authors hold copyright immediately after publication of their works according the data publication of journal’s number and retain publishing rights without any restrictions.
Papers and contributions are the legal copyright of the publisher unless otherwise agreed, so the publisher has a right to dissemination of articles and ensure proper support this process. The publisher applies the Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY license, that allows others freely to read, download, copy and print submissions, disseminate articles with non-commercial purposes, and with the acknowledgment of authorship and the first publication in this journal. The full details of the license are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode.
- Articles that were sent to the Editorial Board are considered within one month.
- The Editorial Board
- The Editorial Board has the right to send an article for additional reviewing.
- The Editorial Board has the right to carry out literary editing of an article and in case when scientific editing is needed then an author is informed about this.
- The Editorial Board has the right to decline an article which does not correspond with requirements and subject–matter of a journal.
- In case of an article declination the Editorial Board gives to an author reasoned conclusion.
- Within three days an author is sent a message on receiving of an article by the Editorial Board. In a month after its registration an author is informed about the results of reviewing.
- The Editorial Board gives to an author a free copy of a journal where his article is published.
- Articles are admitted till May 15 (№ 1), November 15 (№ 2).
If we fail to verify author’s academic identity, the article is not sent to reviewers. We strongly encourage all authors use their institutional / university e-mail accounts in correspondence with the editorial office as an additional confirmation of your identity. We also ask you to provide ORCIDs ID data, Google Scholar links, and other profile dates to prevent bogus submissions and confirm your publication intent.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
- Scientific articles submitted to the editorial office go through the institute of reviewing. Assessment of quality of scientific articles and compliance with the requirements of journal is confidential based on double-blind peer review.
- Forms of reviewing:
– Internal (reviewing of articles by the members of the editorial board);
– External (reviewing of articles by leading specialists in the field).
- The Executive Secretary and Editor-in-Chief determine conformity of an article with the journal's profile, requirements for execution and send it for reviewing to a Doctor of Science (Doctor) or Doctor of Philosophy (Candidate of Sciences) who has specialization close to the topic of an article.
- The Executive Secretary within 3 working days informs an author about receiving of an electronic variant of an article.
- Terms of reviewing in each case are determined by the executive secretary taking into account conditions for the quickest publication. Term of reviewing - 1 month from the date of message about receipt of the article with Editorial Board.
- The Review Form is established and filled out by reviewers in electronic format. In the review there should be reflected the following:
– Conformity of content of an article with its topic;
– Conformity of an article with modern scientific and theoretical principles;
– Simplicity of language and style understanding, clearness of tables and pictures to readers;
– Positive sides and disadvantages of an article; which corrections should be made by an author;
– Recommendation of the possibility of publication of an article: «Requires Minor Corrections», «Requires Moderate Revision», «Requires Major Revision», «Submit to another publication», «Reject».
- Recommendations of «Requires Minor Corrections» and «Requires Moderate Revision» mean that the author should finalize text of an article within 3-5 working days and 5-14 respectively. Recommendation of «Requires Major Revision» – up to 3 months and can be recommended for publication in the next number of the journal. Recommendations of «Submit to another publication» and «Reject» with the substantiated explanation of refusal send to an author. Articles which is not recommended for publication in journal Sociological Studious is not accepted for the second review.
- Final decision on suitability of an article publication is made by the Editorial Board.
- After taking a decision by the Editorial Board on admission of an article to publication, the Executive Secretary informs an author about this and indicates the terms of publication.